We Remain Open & Committed to Your Safety & Wellbeing
We are doing so with an increased focus on hygiene giving careful consideration to all advice being provided by the Australian Government Department of Health, Queensland Department of Health, Optometrists Association Australia and other relevant authorities to ensure the safety of our patients and staff alike.
What we ask of you
Following Australian Government guidelines we are asking all patients who have travelled in the last 14 days not to present to the practice and to contact us on 5578-4611 to reschedule your appointment once you have completed your mandatory quarantine period and we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as practically possible.
We ask that if you are displaying signs and symptoms of COVID-19 please do not visit us until you have been cleared by your GP and/or returned a negative COVID-19 test result. This is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, other patients and the broader community.
What we are doing
We have always practiced strong hygiene and cleaning practices but during this time we have taken additional measures to ensure your safety and wellbeing as outlined below:
- Frequent review of Government and Health authority public health recommendations implemented immediately upon communication
- Longer appointment times to limit the amount of people in the practice at any given time
- Strict scheduling of appointments to limit the amount of people in the practice at any given time
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of high touch surfaces and testing equipment throughout the practice with alcohol based cleaning products
- Cleaning and disinfection of all optical frames after use with alcohol based cleaning products
- Hand sanitiser is available for use by all staff and patients
- Strict hand washing observed by all staff
- Gloves and face masks are available for both staff and patients if required
- Adherence to social distancing guidelines by the spreading of patient waiting areas throughout the practice as well as making use of outdoor waiting areas
- Optometrists have been trained and certified in the Australian Government Department of Health Infection Control Training for COVID-19
We will continue to adapt our response in line with advice from the Australian Government and other relevant authorities.
If you have any questions please talk to one of our friendly staff or contact us on 5578-4611.